Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hit The Ground Running

So we have very limited time to really do anything here! We work way hard and are constantly going. President called me in the first day and say the lord has chosen me to be a district leader of the Ammon district. I accepted. Man we are working. We have to plan sacrament meetings and give out assignments for everything. It has been hard getting used to the time change! I just dont feel like im getting refreshed just closing my eyes and up at it again. My companion is Elder Mazura from Zimbabwe He is an amazing missionary and a great example to me! He is 25 years old and it shows in his wisdom and teaching. There are 31 elders here half are from somewhere in africa. They are all great examples to me because despite their hard lives they are the happiest people. The president is from st. george. His name is pres Christensen. We havent really seen much of him, only in our district meetings really. We are the first group on the new mtc program that the church came out with. It is much more challenging and a lot more teaching. We get to go out and teach with the Joburg missionaries once a week which is reallly awesome! I find my self already talking like them because everyone here has an accent. Also almost all the african elders havent been to the temple so we get to go to the joburg temple twice while we are here, and get to see all those elders experience something so cool for the first time. We really dont have free time. We are  scheduled every second of the day. Oh but london was so good. All riots were far north so it wasnt near us. I will have to send my sd card. i have so many awesome pictures. I sat next to Mrs. Price on one of my flights. She just happened to be LDS and be headed back home to Dubai! Amazing how the works. Anyway im out of time. Love all of you and thanks for all the support! 

1 comment:

  1. Seth, it sounds like you are doing so great already. Sorry about missing your farewell we were gone for our 30th wedding anniversary. We were very sad to miss you, and getting that chance to let you know how much we love you!!! We will be following your blog : ) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ELDER.

    ReplyDelete