Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Had KFC, Bless the Lord!

I got the Package!!! Thank you for the letters and the little treats and the sd card and the 20 bones! I heard president broadbent had something else to give me but he wasnt around. So its been an interesting week. It was proof of how much the Lord loves me. My comp and i were really not getting along and we are just not working hard enough. So i have been praying really hard for patience to get along and build a relationship but i dont know if its gonna happen. The Lord is teaching me a great lesson early on of the importance of your companion and your love and relationship toward them. So this week i got a call on wednesday night and the APs said you need to be on the next bus to Nairobi. So with eagerness I packed my stuff. So the elders ride a bus called Coast Air which is a nice bus and its a nice ride. Just to show you how my comp really is he tried to book my ride on the POA bus line which is the worst experience in the world. No AC, no personal space, animals running around on the ground, and there are no shocks on this thing. It is the hottest, smelliest 9 hours of your life. He does this kinda stuff all the time. Anyway luckily we had a senior couple doing a career workshop in our branch and they were driving back like right when i got the call. So i got to ride with them. Their names are Elder and Sister Byrd. They are from blanding and the nicest people ever! They actually asked if i had been to KFC since i have been in Africa. I said Nay. They said okay we are taking you when we get to Nairobi! Bless the Byrds! But anyway the reason for the trip was i had to get finger printing done for my visa so i didnt get deported!!! haha scary, kinda. But it was really nice to get away from my comp for three days and have some fun in Nairobi. We actually played basketball! It was so fun! But yeah thats how i got the package cause i went to the mission home. Sadly when i got back on saturday i got some really bad news one of the new converts that we have been visiting has been reading anti mormon crap and says he is done with the church. We told him he is just drinking poison when he reads that crap. Man he was such a powerful guy to. I think the major problem is he is after money and really wants to start his own church and have them pay tithing but he gets it. Uh some people make me so mad. Anyway so i get back to our apartment and there is leftover food all over the counter tops. Like molding and there were bugs everywhere!!! It was such a drag. Thats my comp. "Im going home so i dont care." Sorry i know i shouldnt be negative but its really hard. I am so excited for a new comp and hope he has the fire. Luckily we are getting some new missionaries in mombasa this week. One is from sandy and the other is from arizona and a huge baseball fan i hear. So it will be nice to have some more white in the area. But we are doing good. We taught a lesson yesterday to a guy who met some missionaries in town and they referred him to us. He is a strong member of the Protestant church but doesnt like it anymore because he isnt protesting anything. Haha He is very knowledgeable guy and knows his bible. We taught him the first lesson and last week and gave him a book of mormon. This week we answered some questions and asked if he prayed about the things we taught him and the BOM. He says he did but he cant just go off his feelings. He says he needs evidence. The spirit just talked through me, there i said things that were so powerful but that i had no idea. I bore my testimony the strongest i ever have and he knows what he must to and feel if he truly wants to know. We read moroni 10 3-5 and i think it really hit him hard. I emphasized that by the power of the holy ghost HE WILL answer your question. Not maybe or possibly or kinda. He will. I think he was really taken back by that and really left with some stuff to ponder and digest. He is a powerful guy and would be such a strong member. Brother Wilson is his name and we hope he will progress. but thats really all i have to report this week i hope to hear from you guys next week and hope all is well I love you so much and pray for your success everyday!
Elder Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment