Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pinky Promise

           First off that cadbury chocolate slab was supposed to be for marilyn, but it good to share. Oh i have been informed that i got a package in Nairobi on wednesday. They should bring it with the new missionaries during transfers next week. Man the mail system is bogus. Thats a new word i have picked up thanks to the Kenyans. Im glad you got my package! So I felt so bad about not putting any candy in there that porter could eat. Tell him i owe him big time. Its good to here you all are doing well. Matt, Talk about jealous. Wings, Players, ball game. Uh and washed down with a coke i presume. My self i havent had a coke in two and a half weeks. I have called it quits.(for now). I promised Amy I would stop and i am a man of my word. Things are going okay... I really dont know how im gonna last another transfer with this guy. I dont get it i serve him like crazy just like the apostles say to do and he is still a stick in the mud. We really could be working so much harder. He has no sense of time and this is killing me. You all know i have to be early to everything. He will call and set up an appointment and say a time and no joke we will be 45 minutes late. The lord is really teaching me patience. 
          The guy who didnt get baptized, his name is Leonard. We arent supposed to ask family to pray or fast for our investigators but you asked me, so by all means. :) We wont give up on him. He has been taught everything we have for him. He attends church every single week. We are just focus on his book of mormon study. We study with him everytime we go hoping he will feel of the strength he gets from it hoping that will be what he needs to get him through a few months of school. He has a powerful testimony, but knows he is making a big decision so he is taking time. I respect this so much. He will be such a strong member when he joins cause we know its just a matter of time.
           We are teaching 4 new families that have been totally prepared by god. My favorite is a newly we couple Jackson and Caroline. Carolines friend who is a member introduced us on a saturday. We taught her the first lesson and didnt think much of it. The next day her and her husband who has now idea about us came to church. They now have attended church three times and love it. Jackson is a very poor man. We had a lesson this last sunday in the new converts class on talents. We read the parable of the talents in Mark and he loved it and loves how encouraging our church is. Can you say..... well lets say it together... GOLDEN!!! I have really high hopes for this family. I am so much happier teaching a family. 
          One thing that we are struggling with with the other investigators is getting  them to church. I never though i would feel so sad that i didnt see a face at church. Man i love these people so much, but i want to strangle them when they look me in the eye and tell me they will be there and they dont show. I understand its far and its a major sacrifice but i know what they will feel if they come they just gotta have that faith. I even have a new thing when i pinky promise with them. It doesnt work but its still fun to see their faces when my little pinky is protruding in their direction. Well I miss you guys, I love you much.
-Elder Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment