Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Friday, September 23, 2011

This Is How We Roll

Hey Family,
      Wow you guys are busy! But think about it, the best memories we have had is when we are the busiest. Yeah just so you know it says this letter was sent an hour ago! haha so if i would have come earlier to email i would have missed it. I hate how long mail takes. It actually could take only two weeks but because i am in mombasa it is all sent to the mission home and brought to us just when the APs come which is only like once a transfer if we are lucky. So yeah i havent got any mail yet. Just a letter from AMY in the MTC. Bless her heart!!! Tell Bronzen way to go in school! Thats awesome. Thats also cool that he just wants to focus on baseball. For him to even think about playing up these days he has to eat sleep and drink baseball. What classes are you guys taking? Where has Matt been working? The camel in the picture was just chilling on the beach. No owner, just chillin. Thats how we roll in africa. Our investigators are doing well and progressing. The baptisms are this week. We found three awesome amazing families this week and they are very open to the church. People here are so humble though and just listen and believe everything you say. Its good to a point but annoying cause you never know if they really understand cause they dont ask questions and are pretty shy reserved people. I have to pull their personalities out cause my comp is the same way. He has been pretty frustrating lately. He only has a transfer left and it shows. He is just short with people and isnt really sincere. When he bears his testimony he just rattles it off and you dont feel anything. I am doing my best to be a PMG missionary but i am still human and i have a personality. Many guys out here forget that and just teach a lesson and not people.
       We ate pizza inn the other night! So good to taste american food! It still doesnt even compare but just to have a break from beans, rice and chapatis its heaven. I have eaten some pretty sketchy food and am doing okay with it.
       So sister scott is like my mom/grandma! We had DDM at their house this week and we had french toast, bacon and hash browns. Then cake and ice cream. I love the USA. I tried to explain to some members what an appetizers and desserts were. The just looked at me like i was crazy.
       As far as stuff in packages, just hide valuable stuff. Oh and right before i left i left my ipod on the ping pong table and told matt to put stuff on it. I hop he knows where it is.
       I write keaton and jordan every week. We always stay in contact. But it would be nice to hear from our family members. If they get some time out of their busy lives maybe they could email me. I saw the blog. Its looking good. Hopefully you can get my package soon so you can up load lots of pictures.
      Its good to hear you are being blessed! I hope the missionary work with the grumpy old man goes well.
      I have not bitten my nails since i have been in Africa! I feel goofy every time i cut them though cause i feel uncoordinated. Its just to sketchy to put your hands near your mouth let alone in. We play games as we are walking cause its pretty boring. We point out how many people are publicly urinating. Who ever sees the most at the end of the day wins. I saw twelve the other day. Its ridiculous. Also I feel like its quiggly down under, or national geographic here for all the body parts ive seen. Women got to feed the babies in our lessons and thats what they are for so why cover. Uh it bugs but this is africa.
     Its to dangerous to ride bikes here because of all the crazy drivers. We take a van taxi called a matatu if it is a really far distance. We really could be much more productive if we didnt have an hour walk between visits. Its frustrating but o well. Transfers are in two weeks but im pretty certain i will stay with my comp till he dies in november. Tell bronzen he cant touch my scoot! haha Maybe when he has his permit.
     I am doing good other than that. We are pressing on in the work of the lord. I dont think i will ever get used to cold showers though. We are so spoiled in the US. I look forward to p day like its my birthday. haha we say p day is our sabbath. But yeah i really hope you get that package this week. I want you guys to see my pictures from all my adventures!
I love you all! Thanks for being dilligent in the emails!

No comments:

Post a Comment