Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Monday, September 26, 2011

Thanks For Everything

Its good to hear the ward is good! I want to hear about the shooting activity! It makes me wish we were in this ward sooner. The one week i went i laughed harder than i have in a long time in church. That elders Q is awesome. Matt congrats you finally got your side piece! Do you feel like more of a man now? now you just got to move to texas to get the full effect. Also matt PTL. I Really needed to laugh today! These people in the cyber shop prob think im crazy cause i am laughing out loud pretty hard! My comp has been real frustrating. Talk about trunky. He is just burned out. I am dragging him along.
         So to my surprise today i havent been paying much attention to my feet and it shows. I had some massive foot fungus that was eating away at my feet. it doesnt hurt and i would have never notice if i didnt look the other day. lets just say im missing some flesh. haha nothing a little anti fungal between the toes wont fix. its good now i just walk so much and my feet are so all the time so i didnt think anything of it. they are doing much better now though.
        I had a few good experiences this week, one was exchanges. It was nice to work with someone who has the fire. So there are thousands of matatus (van taxis) here and we were coming back from the other area and our van broke down. So we quickly had to change vans and of course my scripts get unclipped from my bag and the matatu is gone. I dont think i have ever prayed so much to find those things. Luckily i had my contact info on a pass along and i received a call two days later from a guy in changamwe. Area that i was serving in earlier in the week. He told me he tried to sell them but for once it was good that some one didnt want the book of mormon. haha As we finally got to him after a 30 minute drive the other elders tracted into him just after he called us and were waiting for us with that guy. Was it just by chance, I say nay! The lord loves me and is with us all the time. Also we had our two baptisms. We had three lined up but the right before one guy backed out. He was fearful..... Oh dang we have to go!!! I will finish the rest next week.

         so i got some more time to email. but the shift key is missing from this key board so sorry for not capitalizing anything. so yeah what i was saying is this guy was fearful because he was going away to college and it was going to be really hard for him to stay strong because there isnt a branch within a three hour drive. i respect him for really wanting the power to be a solid member. he knows its true. he is a very powerful kid he just knows with out the support system he might fall. we are continuing to teach him though in hopes that the lord will pour out his spirit upon him and give him that strength to stay strong.but the service was very powerful. the speaker just got off his mission and really put it into perspective for these men. it was very spiritual and was really awesome to see this member baptized them. he had never performed and ordnance before so it was really cool. so after the spiritual high we climb into a matatu headed back to our chapel and "aint nothing but a g thang'' by snoop dogg comes on. hahaha we have a saying as missionaries here in kenya. we say T.I.K., this is kenya.
         its good to hear that the phillies are doing so well. all you need is good pitching. please keep me up dated on sports, college football, baseball etc.
         sorry about the professor, he sounds like a genuine ronny.
         oh so its like totally normal for guys here to hold hands which is just not cool. they are just good friends and hold hands. so the other day this member was walking with us and pulled me out of the way of a piki piki (motor bike) and just kept holding my hand. Awful!!! after walking with his sweaty hand clinching mine the phone rang in my pocket. so luckily i said i had to answer and pulled my hand away. and then so he wouldnt try again i put my hands in my pockets. haha wierd.
        but im doing really well. today the scotts are taking us bowling which is so awesome. i really hope i bowl well.
        i have not received any mail at all. first of all it takes forever plus its sent to the mission home and they only bring it down maybe once a transfer if we are lucky. and im really worried about that package i sent you because the scotts said packages take about two weeks and i sent that on the 5th of sept. so i am really praying it gets to you. that sd card had sooooo many awesome pictures. i would email all the pictures but the computers we have access to are super slow and it takes 20 minutes to just up load one photo.
but i am doing well. i love you all so much. thanks for everything. matt and meree i honestly wouldnt be out here experiencing these wonderful things if it wasnt for all the things you taught. i dont think i would be on a mission if we hadnt come to live with you. so thank you so so much for helping me get to this point. i love you all so much and please thank everyone for me for all the help love and support.

Love Elder Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment