Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Thursday, December 15, 2011

I Got An Air Conditioning Unit PTL!

Hey Hadley/Haynes,
    Haha how are you doing? I was informed i have received three packages in Nairobi. Thank you so much, i didnt need all that, Nevertheless not my will but thine be done! hahaha Hey i am excited for christmas even though its just like any other day here. Sadly though i wish it was just cold for a day at least so i could drink some cocoa and actually enjoy it. We drink it all the time infact, everyone here drinks it even in the heat of day and it just makes you sweat more. So today our branch is having our christmas party!!! Haha its nothing like home. So peparing food is for that many people is hard enough, let alone cooking everything with charcoal. Sister Mwambere is the relief society press and i cooked dinner for their family yesterday so they could get a break. Man these people work hard. They were so impressed with my skills. Its no big deal! ha But we also have been up since 5 this morning helping them prepare for this thing. We bought two goats and slaughtered them for the meat. Wow that was an experience. Haha Only in Kenya. We are headed back soon for the food. 
      So we are doing really good. We have six baptisms on Jan 1. Two of them are newely weds and have a baby girl. Woot woot! My first family! They got so excited when i told them the date for their baptism. They said, "We will start the year fresh!" haha Man i love it here. I have just found love and have kinda just said you know my comp isnt gonna change my out look on my mission. Just cause he is having a bad time on mission doesnt mean i have to. Sure we are connected at the hip, and i have learned that if i can get along with this guy i can get along with anyone. Man things are really good right now. I have learned so much. My eyes have really been opened the sort time i have been out. I had to realize every mission is so different and you need to adapt to culture and different situations. "When in Rome" haha. 
      So I have been slacking in the picture department, but hopefully today with the ward party and I think we are going to another animal park so that will help me get some more. My comp is struggling a bit with homesickness but i think as time goes on it will get better for him. Also President B just gave us the greatest reward for our hard work. We have seen the fruits of our labors! We just got a sing Air Con AC unit in our flat. Oh my goodness i forgot how amazing that cold air is. Well Everything else going well.
Family I Love and hope all is going well. So i am sorry if you dont get the stuff i sent for a long long time cause the posta here is on strike. But it will come.. haha
-Love Elder Haynes


Ps So is Tish engaged or what? She hasnt emailed me back!

No comments:

Post a Comment