Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Monday, January 9, 2012

Dar Es Salaam Here I Come!

Hello Family!!!
     So i was playing Phase 10 last night with some elders when all the sudden the phone rang, Yeah it was president B. The first thing he said is this Elder Haynes, i replied ndio!(yes) He said wow Elder that thick St. George accent has gone, I thought i was talking to your African comp. haha But he said you guys called all worried and what not. I never called. He thought i had called you guys. I quickly let him know that i didnt and i am safe and had no concerns. I was kinda weirded out by the whole thing. Dont worry family i am wearing the breastplate of righteousness and wielding the sword of truth. haha wow that was corny! Dont worry about me! That is weird you got a call though. It might have my last comp to try and get me in trouble funny enough. ha He didnt like me to much cause i made him work. Well i have reached Dar es Salaam. It is just like mombasa here. I actually took a bus from mombasa to Nairobi which was a nice 10 bus ride, then i flew to Dar. That just shows you how big my mission really is, we have to fly to different areas. But what is hard is i was only allowed to bring one suit case under a certain weight so i dont have much here. Oh so my companion is Elder Nyzungu from Zimbabwe. He is a way cool guy. We get along so well. The bad thing is this is his last transfer so i am killing him. Man trunky should not be allow. It is hard but, "these afflictions will be but a small moment." haha So my first sunday i honestly didnt get the warmest welcome here. I translated a simple testimony to give and memorized it. As i stood at the pulpit i froze. I totally for got it! I sat for a second then it came to mind. As i recited it some people started laughing then i pronounced a word wrong then everyone in the congregation began laughing. Man Talk about humbling!!! It was a total other side of heaven experience. Members came up after and made fun. These people and serious about the language. Man my second day here people are blasting me saying i need to learn faster. They were comparing me to other white missionaries who had been here for a long time and were at the end of their missions, that just made me more frustrated. So with a dead comp and not much happening in this area i am just going to study study study! One great thing about Tz is the chips mayia. It is whisked eggs poured over a skillet of fries and cooked to perfection. Served with pili pili and tomato sauce which is like a jalapeno/ketchup sauce. So so good. Remind me to make it when i get home! Oh also i have been made the Zone Leader here in Dar! haha wow talk about overwhelming. A zone leader who doesnt know the language. And its the biggest zone in the mission wth two districts. The Lord is teaching me right now. Also, next week is mission tour. So the area 70 from SA is coming here to Dar for mission tour. His name is Elder Cook. He actually spoke this last conference. Meaning I have to plan the whole program and get the whole thing catered cause all the missionaries in tz are coming. Lots of responsibility! Wow so enough about poor old me. haha Tell Everyone sorry, i havent been able to write until now. Things are busy busy. Wow tell bronzen thats what having a little brother is. Remind him that he used to follow me around the house and when i got frustrated and turned around he quickly said "so where are WE going" I was like WE? haha he will learn. I am so glad i had a younger sibling. Meree i am glad you are taking a semester off of school. Its nice to get a break every now and then. I hope this SOS club you got going stays strong. Sadly it will never be as good as SLAM. Pole Sana. Thanks for notifying my bank for some reason i just knew that would be a problem in the future so i thought i would take care of it asap. Well we are headed to the beach to place soccer so i will let you know more next week! I love you guys and thanks for being worried about me! ;)
-Love Elder Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment