Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Monday, January 23, 2012

Nakupenda Kabisa!

Mambo! Habari za Leo?
    How is every one doing? Things went well this week. My comp thought i was over planning and over thinking the whole thing but when everything went smooth like a babies bottom he thanked me. Yes meree you teaching me the importance of planning is really paying off. I stress some guys out in our zone but things are working a lot better. Zone conference was so powerful. I got to have a nice chat with Elder Cook and His Wife and learned allot about how devoted these guys are. Every moment of his life is devoted to the Lord. I have a new appreciation for GA's. Oh yeah and our singing in the choir went so good and i really tore it up if i do say so myself. Yeah and Elder Cook commented on my mad skills. haha 
     Oh so the coolest part of the whole week was Madawa, the x muslim i told you about, got the interview and was approved to be baptized! She will be baptized this sunday. She is so awesome and is so excited. President B told here that he would make sure Elder Cook would report her name to Elder Holland that night while they skyped. And he also told her that Elder Cook would make sure Elder Holland reported it to President Monson. It was so powerful to be in the room with those amazing men hearing of the love they had for this young lady who had been waiting so long to enjoy these wonderful blessings.
     The reason it is such a process for people who are leaving islam can be put in physical danger because of their decision to forsake their former religion. It is a really serious thing to a point where we dont go looking for them but only teach them if they approach us. She has had to write like three letters to the area presidency and one from her family saying that she will not be harmed and she has their approval. Pretty serious stuff.
     The language is really hard and i find it really hard to stay positive with it. I get frustrated because most things until now i pick up on really quickly, but this not so. I just have to be patient but its hard not to want it now. I realize guys usually have a few months of language training and it takes about six months before they pick up on it. But that just isnt me. My companion had it down in just a few weeks because his language is almost the same. I will keep trying. I can bear my testimony and pray really well and teach a few principals but thats about it so far. I read the BOM everyday in swahili and it seems to be coming quicker now.
     Meree that is so cool you got to sing in that classy setting. Man i wish i could have been their. We both know i am classy and i would have just fit right in. haha Wow that is so cool Matt got to meet and talk with Holland. Man i hope he comes here before i leave! Wow you guys are just moving up in the world and are pretty classy yourself. That would be really cool if you could keep performing. I know how much you love singing and i still feel bad for being a punk and making fun of you when i was younger. I hope you continue have stuff like that come up. 
      Thank you for letting me know about my card. What is the news on that. Can i have a new one sent? I am sorry you got those checks scammed and i am so glad you got the money back. That is really scary stuff. Speaking of scary stuff, Two Elders were just mugged at gun point in Nairobi on Friday night. The senior companion has only been out 3 months and he is training. Haha poor kid. The new guys have only been here for 3 weeks and he gets mugged. They are fine though. They just took their scriptures and white hand books so hopefully they will get curious and do some reading between beat downs. haha Its not like that though if you know where to be. They were new and learned the hard way. 
       I did receive a package from Aunt Billie. Wow it was so nice. Another bag, Mac and cheese, jolly rachers. Man i am so spoiled. Please thank them for me! I will also write them an email soon. We really have some awesome family, and all this support makes me want to work harder and be a better missionary everyday. I hope i am making the Lord proud. 
      The best part of my week was getting to spend a few days with Elder Pocock. He is like my closest buddy on mission and man we have fun. He was in my MTC group and we are both in TZ now. He is a Zone Leader in Dar. We are so tight. We fill we have known each other forever. It was really cool because in Nairobi President both called is into his office and said Elders we really need your help. The work in TZ is struggling and we need you to turn things around. Talk about pressure. Elder Pocock is such a stud though and had the best trainer in the mission so he does work son! The only problem we have is the language but hopefully that will change soon.
     Well thats my week. I hope things are going well. Thanks for the mango sticky rice recipe. I dont think i will find cocoa lopzr here though. Is there another name for it? Anyway i love you all!!! Nakupenda kabisa!
-Unapenda Elder Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment