Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year Missionary Style!

Shikamoo !!!
      First off i am so sorry! Christmas and New Years are so big here we didnt get a chance to email until now because the cybers are ALL closed! So i am soooo sorry but there is really not much we could do. Tell everyone i am sorry and i will write once i reach my new area.(AMY;) But yes this week has been a rollercoaster for us. Baptisms transfer news etc. Luckily we ended on such a high note. My heart sank when i heard i was leaving my home here in Mombasa, but dar is as close as you can get to Mbs so its okay. We have 8 more baptisms I am leaving behind that will take place on Jan 22nd. I am sad but the Lord knows better. Man it was such a blessing to see a Husband and Wife enter the waters of baptism. Can life get better? I submit that it can NOT! Man i love this work. Its addicting. Its like JENGA! haha Well i am leaving for Nairobi on Wednesday and taking a 10 bus ride. Then spend a day there getting all my documents to travel to TZ. Then i will fly to Dar on friday. Seriously this mission is so darn big. I am so excited to be teaching in Kiswahili. Here we speak kidogo(a little bit) just to help them understand. But there its their official language. 
       So for New Years i invited all the elders over to our flat and we had a little BBQ. I marinaded steak red and green peppers, onions etc. With my awesome christmas present, Stubbs beef marinade. We got a little grill and made the best kabobs kenya has ever seen. Man what would these boring elders do with out me. Man it was soooo good! We even bought a fresh pinapple. Mmmmmm... so good! Then we stayed up and played Phase 10, and Monopoly. Yeah i havent slept much lately.
      But i am doing good things are rolling. I like change, it motivates. Sadly i am killing another companion. His name is Elder Nyzungu from Zimbabwe. I think President gives me dying missionaries so i kick them in the butt, but man it is hard. I will keep up my spirits though. I only get head aches if i dont drink enough so i am sure to stay hydrated. I am happy the scotts let you know about things though cause i havent been able to communicate. Oh which reminds me and this is very important, I need someone to notify our bank that i will use my card in TZ. I didnt tell them that i would be there, so if i use it it will lock the card. Also my card expires soon in april so is there anyway i can get another one sent and when i receive it can be activated. Sorry i am a pain i know but i really appreciate it. I got your christmas card, Man we are a good looking group if i do say so myself. I havent recieved anymore packages but i will see when i got to Nairobi. I did get Amys package. Wow talk about spoiled. I wont talk to much about it though cause i have a voice recording i will send here that will express my appreciation. I dont think i need anything else soon except that bank stuff. 
         Well im sorry its not to long today. I hope everyone is well and i love you all so much. 
-Love Elder Haynes

Ps I know i am terrible at getting back to some of you. Just know i get your letters and i am grateful for the blog to keep you updated. I am trying to respond to all but sometimes we are very limited on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment