Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another Week!!!

Another Week!!! 
    Wow time is really flying when your having fun. It so good here. I cant believe Q is the new EQP! Wow good for him. I hope he does a great job. I am so jealous of that Elders Q. I only had the one sunday in that ward, but i laughed harder and felt the spirit more in one sunday than many in the last ward. Its wierd saying ward now, i only know branches! haha But it seems you guys are doing so well and the lord is really providing. I hope things continue to look up. I will do my best to keep up on my end! ha 
   So i feel i havent been telling you much in my letters lately so please continue with the Q's list! That thing is fantastic. So first i just want to tell you about Elder Kiggundu! I love this kid. I have been wanting a comp like him since the get go. I haven't meet a Elder yet who wants to be as obedient as me till now. I am not tooting my horn or anything i am just saying my mission at this point is pretty apostate. I thought i was obedient till he came. We were talking after a lesson this week and we both looked at each other and at the same time said thank you! I haven't felt the spirit as strong on mission than with him. This guys is here to do work!!! I know how important comp unity is and he and i are great proof of that. This transfer is going to be so Good!
     Adam the Rasta is doing great! He comes to church every week and attends institute every saturday. We also are teaching the Branch Pres. aunt. She is also getting baptized march 2 and is so strong. Her daughters are RCs and she has seen the change in them and now we are teaching her son. I cant believe how amazing this church is! You cant come on a mission and then go home and go inactive after seeing ZION!!! haha 
     So before i forget let me answer your questions. Okay so my appartment in Dar is actually a house. Its nice! We have a whole yard. We have a nice A/C and keep out of the heat for a little everyday. My bed though is awful. I am gonna need some serious adjustments when i get home cause my back hurts all day long. Everytime i turn over on the bed it wakes the neighbors. This thing squeaks like no bodies business. You would think we are sacrificing small animals at night when all i am doing is getting up to go to the bathroom. We have an oven though! It doesnt work yet but we have one! haha One thing about TZ is the necessities of life just go away sometimes. Like today we dont have running water so we had to use our food storage water to was our clothes. Yeah be grateful you Americans! So it is really common to go a few days without a shower. Sometimes if we arent  dead tired we will fetch water and boil water and have a good old bucket shower by candle light cause sometimes the power goes for days at a time too! I love this Place! Everyday is an adventure and i have so many awesome stories to tell you guys because of it!
    Meree i would still love easy recipes. Honestly mostly easy desserts! I miss sweets! I am working out allot now so i am gaining a weight back. Amy is doing so good! She is one quality woman! I bet she looks good in a white dress! hahaha just kidding...(kinda) I will put in a good word for you guys so she will come visit again. Man i feel you guys got a better relationship with her than me these days.
     The form of Transport here is large buses called Dola Dolas. Most of the time we are standing and you feel like you have to repent when you get out cause there are like 4 people per sq foot in those things. Oh man i wish you guys could smell what i smell everyday. Its nice!!! haha We have bikes here but Pres doesnt want us to ride cause its to dangerous! So we walk like soldiers. I told you this mission is only for men! Tell PJ i havent gotten his letter yet. It takes like a month longer getting things to TZ. Most guys here are just getting christmas Packages. You still have to hid valuables in creative ways so you dont get charged allot for it. Also make sure there are no price tags on anything as well. We have 2 couples here in Dar. The Worthens and the Nolls. Elder Noll is in the mission Presidency so its like having mini mission pres around. He is a stiff man. He thinks missionaries need to suffer for two years so he gets mad at the worthens when they spoil us with home baked stuff. The worthens are so awesome. They are not as cool as the scotts but a very close runner up. 
      Life is soooo good! i am loving every minute of this great adventure. I promise to have a voice recording for you next week. ( I am currently pointing my littlest finger in a protruding motion towards the computer screen meaning.... Pinky Promise!!!) Man Tanzanians love that! Well i hope this letter was a little better. Oh i sent a disc with pictures on it with a missionary that just got home so you should get that soon in the mail. Oh and i really need that SD card back that i sent so i hope you got that on the way. Oh and i was wondering if you could find a certificate templet to email me. We want to do creative things for the members for feeding the missionaries. haha well i love all of you guys. Keep on Keeping on!!! Tutaonana wiki jio! Kwa heri!
-Mzee Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment