Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Monday, February 27, 2012

Making Progress

Just so everyone knows my family is the greatest on earth!!!
      If you have a rebuttal to such a truly obvious statement jot it down with a writing utensil and a morsel of inscribing parchment and take it up with me in 18 months. (bring the boxing gloves)
      Well family things are going so good! I see you are doing well at home too! Matt congrats on the calling. Thats great you will be teaching bronzens class, maybe that will keep him in line. You know he already has a way with the ladies cause we got the same blood. Meree thank you so much for sending the package! We will see if i get it by my birthday. It seems here in TZ we get "Banished" from the outside world. Well honestly we kinda are being in a whole different country. Yeah this mission is "rather large"... just like Amys brothers! Man what do those guys eat!? I know i aint gonna get i height here sadly. There is a thing here called diarrhea and malnutrition... yeah its common. I just want six feet, is that too much to ask?
      Well we have 3 baptisms on sunday, My home boy Adam the Rasta Man, Mama Rose, and Sister Aika. All of them have a strong testimony and love the Lords kingdom. We are so excited for these guys. The Lord must be a great shepherd cause there are allot of "Black Sheep" entering into his fold. We also have 2 more baptisms on March 25. We just started teaching a lady names Esta and she has been coming regularly and last week she brought her husband who is really interested. Oh man i love teaching families. I will keep you updated on that!
      So yesterday was pretty eventful. We went to see mama rose. Mama rose lives in the "BUSH."  So of course we walk for about 40 minutes and get a dola dola(big van) to go over the river and through the woods to mamas house we go. So as usual there are 25 people in a 15 passenger van. So i luckily got a seat but a "rather large" stinky mama sat on my left leg. Let me add this is like a deer hunting road that would scare some 4 wheelers away, and it was over 105 degrees in that hot box. So there is this drunk guy being crazy the whole ride which wasnt short. I was feeling a little buzzed by his breath! So we finally get to our stop and get out and walk to mamas house who was very close. So we go in to her house and sit and start talking when standing in the door way is this drunk guy! He says lets pray. He starts freaking out saying Praise Jesus and doing all sorts of pentacostal nonsense. She asked him to leave and he came into the house started yelling at mama rose. I was mad and had enough! I grabbed this guys arm and like through him out the door and locked it. So she thanked me and we started to talk again when this drunkard starts bagging on the door. Oooooh i was in rage! I went out side and gave him strict talking to. He started swearing at me then staggered off trying to light his joint. hahaha so come to find out he is my branch presidents brother. oooops!!! I told him sorry and he said no he deserves to be treated like that. But yeah thats whats been going on. Oh so I talked to Pres B yesterday and asked if it might be possible if we went and worked on pday that if we could go to the Tanzania VS. Mozambique soccer national qualifying game on wednesday. He said as long as you work hard on monday you can go! I love my mission president and i will say being ZL has allot of perks despite all the responsibility. Right now we have allot of dead missionaries in the zone so it is hard to get people motivated. Matt if you have any advice from your mission i would really appreciate it! These guys are sluggs and it breaks my heart. The field is "black" already to harvest and they are slacking off.
    Thanks for the pictures, i had some good laughs! I am attaching a few pictures of my own in this email. I dont know if you can tell but my comp has a shnozz!!! I mean ryan howard from the phillies aint got nothing and my brother from a Ugandan mother. I honest think you could land a 747 jet in his nostrils. Lets just say picking isnt a chore for this guy. Most people would go pinky but he goes thumb with no hesitation! hahaha My spiritual challenge for you is what i am currently undertaking. Read the BOM and highlight every reference to christ. Thee, thine, thou, redeemer,savior, he, him....etc. This book does nothing but testify of christ.  
     Can you tell Porter Ohongera kwa kuzaliwa for me!!! Man i cant believe he id turning 5! Man that boy is growing up fast! Also Tell Bronzen Kazi Njema on baseball tryouts this week! I will pray for him! I have been keeping a journal but not everyday. Man the only thing i want to do when getting home at night is sleep. I write every few days but i promise to do much better! My feet are fine! Quit asking about ma feet! haha But mango season is December to March here. Oh so this week we ate at subway!!! I know right! I had a foot long meatball marinara on honey oat.(italian herbs and chesee wasnt a choice) It was EXPENSIVE! It was 11,500 tsh for the sandwhich and cheeps and a drank. I am starting to hear the language very well but speaking what i want is another story. This is honestly the hardest thing i have ever done and the language seems to not be coming. I dont think the Lord sent me here to learn the language but just teach me the key to inspiration... HUMILITY! And to answer your last question my current weight is 165. I hope it stays there too! Well i love you all and hope life keeps busy for you. Tell everyone i love them!
-Elder Haynes 

No comments:

Post a Comment