Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Monday, February 13, 2012

GOLDEN!!!

Hey its so good to hear from you guys!!!
    Sounds like everyone is doing really well. Thank you so much for the pictures. I am doing really good! My new companion is Elder Kiggundu. He was in my MTC group and we got along really well. I am really excited! He likes to work hard and really thats all that i care about. So last transfer we had split the area in half. So my comp and his previous companion were working one big area then it was made two. So this transfer we were supposed to get 12 new missionaries to the mission but because of document reasons only one made it here. So they now put the area back to one area because we dont have enough elders. So me and my comp are covering two teaching pools for a transfer. Our area is like from gunlock to warner valley. Yeah its rather large! So we are really stressing out but at least my comp will be a ZL with me. We have a great teaching pool right now. We have one investigator named Adam. He is a Rasta looking guy with dreads. Haha he makes me laugh. Anyway this kid is so cool. He is 21 and he contacted us. Then he walked two hours the next day to church. Say it with me GOLDEN!!! He is set for baptism on march 2. He had some intense word of wisdom and law of chastity issues but hasnt done anything since he met us. He loves Bball and said if he had a ball to play with it would keep him busy and away from his lame friends. So i bought a ball and i keep it at the church. So everyday he walks to the church to practice. He also comes twice a week for english class and he comes to the YSA activities every saturday. I love this kid. He speaks perfect english too. haha He calls me Highness like everyone since i have been on mission. He says highness and me are home boys. So everytime we see eachother we bro hug. Yeah i am really black these days. But yeah i am really ready to work hard this transfer. The language is coming a little better now so i am gaining a little confidence. 
       I am still loosing weight. I am running everyday and working out at night. The home we are staying in had a bar and some weights so i am taking advantage. I found protein powder here so dont send that. I am feeling good and enjoying this place. I am just worried that i will get transfered once i get comfortable with the language. I hope that doesnt happen. I think the people are kinder here and much more willing to listen which is hard to top kenya. I love humble people. 
       Matt, i cant believe how successful you are with work right now. I am so grateful to the lord for this. Like i said before he was just testing you guys to make sure you helped get me out here then he would pour out his blessings. I have been so blessed by you guys and dont know where i would be or what i would be doing without your guidance and support. Oh hey i am so jealous of you! Like you get to meet good o'l jeff holland! Man thats been my dream! Oh you better have giving me a shout out and mentioned my name! He is due for another visit to Kenya so i really hope i get to see him. So i got your pictures but they were like microscopic for some reason and went blurry when i made them big. But thanks for taking a picture of SunShine truck stop, Hey did you guys know my mom used to work there. Now i just need you to drive to parowan Mav and hit up nancy and get some FRESH jalapeno cheese bread where its still warm and the bag is still foggy.... oh damn i just drooled all over the key board. shhhhhh then head up the canyon had hit the pot hole after yankee meadows followed by the dry lakes signs that should just ready DRY, then thunder ridge then the big brian head sign and have keaton say... man every time i see that sign i get so excited. hahaha I am missin it. It would just be nice to not sweat for a couple hours. 
    Well i am doing good and oh thank you so much for the stuff being sent you are so awesome! I could use a little deoderant and any chocolate you can find. Reeses butterfingers anything. haha thanks for all you guys do and i love you so so much. I could use a little advice from matt about helping these guys be more obedient. It seems when you try to be a leader and help they reject more. It is not easy i tell you what! What? I just told you! haha Jeff foxworthy. Well again thanks for everything. I will email a voice recording next week!
Elder Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment