Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Monday, April 16, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

Hello Family,
     Hey hows it going! You  guys seem so great! I am glad you all are doing so well. I got your Package!!! Whoot! Ah i am so excited to open that sucker! I am really so grateful for your support. I dont know what i would do with out you guys back there! Thanks for the pictures this week and all this good stuff. I am so excited for the up coming weeks because i turn the big 20 and i get to call you guys!!! May 6th the last day of the transfer i will be calling. Wow its like i just called for christmas! Man i also got a package from Amy and David and becca gibson! They have sent me letters and package(s). Man they are so great. I want to send them a letter but my thank you will take a good month to get there so if you could find their email i would be eternally grateful so i can thank them properly. They sent me a valentines package full of stuff to make smores! Haha yeah the valentines package just got here. Man mail is lame here. Oh and i kinda am running out of money to receive packages. Like i am so grateful for them, but they are kinda expensive to pay customs on. These last three were $40. We are allowed to use our allotment on postage and packages which helps out but This mail system is so corrupt. 
      Anyway this last week was pretty insane. We had zone conference this week which was so freaking stressful but so spiritual and rewarding. President B said it was the nicest in the mission that he went to. It was nice for someone to appreciate me trying to make things nice. My comp is a whole lot of hot air. I do EVERYTHING! He is so exhausting. I am trying to be patient but he cant resolve a simple issue on his own. I know thats what companions are for but he thinks he is all that and a bag of lays costco family size tater chips! Just an indication of this is his middle name which is Pride!!! haha Malvern Pride Chimbetete. We are having some problems but these are the things i am supposed to learn here i guess. I got a few calls last week from Zimbabwe asking for Malvern. Me and the Pres are a little worried about him. Anyway it was a really good conference and i really got to talk with and spend some good time with president B.
       My favorite part though was having Elder Pocock around. He came in for the conference. All of Tanzania comes to Dar es Salaam for ZC. He is my good buddy from the mtc the one from sugar city idaho. Oh Thanks matt for all you advice. I have never had such trying situations and delt with more suborn personalities and problems in my life like i have since i have been a ZL. Its just hard being one of two white guys in the zone and if something goes wrong its the Americans fault. Its a problem but the lord is teaching me. President be said you were put here because this zone was in big trouble. He said it is 10 times better now. I now know that you are put in different areas for different reasons. Man i learn allot everyday. I feel like once you have gotten along with East Africans you can get along with anyone. I know that love is the only thing that works. I thought how can i keep giving these guys love when they dont respect my effort and service being rendered. Then i thought about Jesus Christ, Does he every stop loving us when we are Bogus? Man i am learning allot but am so excited to be transfered. I have got my fingers crossed to leave soon. Man i really miss the people of kenya. Its just very very different here! I just dont feel like i am building as strong relationships with people as i did there. 
    We have also changed our missionary work completely. We feel that there is no point baptizing into a week branch that wont nourish and keep them. The work is there but they are not being taken care of like they should. So we are focusing on educating members and visiting recent converts and less actives. We are praying this will help these people. They complain that they need more missionaries because they want a stake. But we are trying to pound this into their little brains that if they are complacent despite the amount of missionaries they will never have a stake. So yeah thats what we are doing these days. Sorry if this is so short. We got to go. Thanks for all you do and i am so grateful for you guys. I love you so much!
-Elder Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment