Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Keep On Keeping On

Hello Family,
   Man it has been a rough week! Hang in there meree! This email was really scary to read actually but it is so good to know she is okay. Matt you and Meree need to get away just with the two of you and just relax, Aug 7th maybe. haha Meree i will keep you in my prayers. Man i am sorry all these things are going on right now. I hope you all are doing okay. I am so happy for the ward you are in. It seems like you should stick around this place. I only attended that sunday but it was just so different from the sunset wards. I am glad you are being nourished in that place. 
     So you got the DVD and CD with Pictures i sent with another missionary!? Its about time he went home in Feb. haha sorry i am bad about pictures. It is really difficult to print, upload and or send them to you guys. Hey at least we will have a good time when i get home going through them with everyone. 
     This week has been a little rough. We were supposed to have the two baptisms but didnt. Sister Miriam is still breaking the law of chasity with her boy friend who is a member. I talked to president B bout it and he said they need to just get married before she gets baptized. He said "You know once you have tasted that sweet nectar its hard to stop" We both had a good hard laugh. haha I would go crazy without that man leading the mission. I cant imagine a Ronnie in the office. So the other baptism, David, who actually just might be the next Branch Pres, showed up sunday for his baptism and there was no water to the font. We asked the BML to fill it days ago but when we went to turn the water on on sunday nothing came out! So this is kenya and sometimes(always) these things happen. Luckily he has such a strong testimony he understood so we are hoping for next sunday(if there is water to dunk him in of course) Our Branch Pres is pretty crazy and doesnt love the members. Two of our investigators got up and left the meeting during his testimony which was more of a blast the members talk. Its interesting to see the church in early stages here and wonder if it was any different than the early days of the church in the 1800s.
         Anyway other than that we are doing great. My comp makes me laugh so much. Every night i make him tell me a story which he usually just makes up. With his little bit of english he says some outlandish things that just tickle me pink. I am so grateful to have him and will be so sad to lose him at the end of this month. Our area is in the heart of the rainy season. Every day it rains, NAY, It pours at 3 oclock. Its like amazing everyday without fail. It is nice cause i love rain, but the mud and the cold really make people not want to talk. They stay in and think you can get malaria from the cold. haha people here are so funny.
        In response to porters question, I have eaten so many mangos i cant even count. I think it will be hard to not have them around any more especially for 4 cents each. Good deal eh! This zone is so fantastic and we are so united. We played ultimate frisbee today and i think white and black alike thoroughly enjoy themselves. It was a little crazy trying to teach them how to throw the thing but i told them short clean passes wins the game. So they picked up on it pretty well. Anyway thats about all i have for you. Thanks for all you guys support. It helps so much. I am trying my best to keep you updated. I will send some pictures soon. I love you all so much and am so grateful for you love and support. Well keep on keeping on! Our theme for Zone Conference on the 20th is Andersens talk from this last conference, "What Thinks christ of me?" It is an amazing talk and makes you do a little soul searching. If you can get your hands on a copy i highly recommend it. Well till next week. 
 
-Elder Haynes

PS As for the Package i have never missed wild berry skittles, peanut M&Ms, and Tropical starbursts so much in my life, Just a thought though! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment