Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Life Is So Different Here

Hey Guys!!!!
    Meree I love you so much! You are such a great example and such a great strength to me. I have learned so much here and i know we will see little peanut before you know it! You know i am thoroughly convinced that God is building the Haynes family for reasons unknown to us at this point in time but down the road all of what we have been through as hard as its been i know its for a reason. Any intelligence we gain in this life will rise with us in the resurrection. I realize that our life has helped me out here. I still have much to learn but i know if i hadnt been though that, things would be very different. One elder i actually couldnt stand at the time but grew to love(lesson learned i know) said something that really made me think. He said You dont have control over others actions, but how you react is entirely within your control. That has made me think allot and couldnt be more true. But i will say i have never met people who have been through the ringer like us but i am sure grateful. Look how out of control other people are! haha We are pretty dang awesome. Jesus shapes us into usful tools with life experiences. Just like Zions camp in church history, It prove pointless to some but out of it the Lord sifted the wheat from the tares and called his 12 apostles from those faithful men. Its just like Abraham being called to sacrifice Issac! If that isnt faith i dont know what is! I Now see each obstacles or trials in our life is the refiners fire. He wont give us more than we can handle and he only give us to make us better. There was a saying coach Ward used to say, Pain is weakness leaving the body! and What doesnt kill you makes you stronger. I see that with my hard companions. During those obstacles I really see who and what i am. I have learned so much from each one and wouldnt have it any other way! Good old Jeff Holland said The thing the Lord enjoys most is being merciful! Sometimes that is hard to see when trials come. But what most fail to realize is his mercy might come in the form of hardship that is a key to unlock the next door. Meree I love you Big Sis, I know that if anyway can handle this it is you! I pray for the family each day but specifically for you! When it gets the hardest i know who is there to lift the load that is just to heavy to bear. Gosh, Our family is so cool!
          So it has been a pretty so so week. We sent missionaries off and received the next day. We have a solid zone right now! We are working on getting all the flats upgraded. Lots of guys are getting sick in the mission. Haha Sister B is so great. She reminds me of Mark Hadley and that the truth will be told despite your feelings. Haha its just a good way to live. She yells at lazy elders. Most are sick cause they wash their bedding like every few months and never wash their towels. Here you gotta do that every week. But man washing bedding and towels by hand is no easy task. My forearms just might win over my future wife. I mean moving a wet towel from the washer to the dryer is strenuous let alone washing, rinsing and ringing out. I dont work out on laundry days. haha But anyway we are getting things on the right path. I am doing a training in our Zone DDM this week. We are gonna make Eldoret the talk of the mission. Matts of love really is the key. You cant change anyones attitude unless they are killed with kindness. Thats our motto this transfer!
          We got some good news and some more good news and some bad news. Well so last week Brother Muthoka was confirmed. So this sunday he received the aaronic priesthood. It was a great thing only that after we found out the Branch pres never even interviewed him. haha kenya makes me laugh. we are working on them. Oh so Sister Miriam moved out of her boyfriends house. We read a chapter with them that really just slapped them in the face. 1 Corinthians 7. They are called to repentance and she will be ready for baptism this sunday! Also, We met a guy named David. He was taught everything along time ago and just moved to our area from the bush. He knows EVERYTHING! He also is getting baptized on sunday also. He just glows when he enters the church. Man what a cool guy and really is a tender mercy of the Lord. So now for the bad news, That other couple that the husband is a member but the wife(not really wife) both disappeared after our talk. We have been to their house so many times but of course they dont tell anyone and just go and of course they dont have a phone. Yeah communication is hard for some. So we are praying for them and hope they come back soon. But other than that things couldnt be better. The branch is improving and we have high hopes. 
        So today we played basketball as usual(watch out Matt) and then went to "the market." Its a giant place where hundreds of people are selling fruits and veggies. Man we are healthy cats this side. The saying an apple a day keeps the doc away has been changed to mango. I think Peaches best up their game upon my return or mango has seized the sought after position of "most desirable fruit." Anyway thats about all i have to report this week. I hope you guys are doing good! Did Tish have the child yet? How is Nicoles? By the way can you email me Nicole max and marias email? I love you guys so much and thanks for all the support. I wouldnt be able to do it with out you! 

Elder Haynes
Ps So someone still lives in our house there in mount vernon?

No comments:

Post a Comment