Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

10 Months! Already?

Hey Family,
    So man you guys are staying busy! It was cool to hear about your lesson in Elders quorum. Man we are working so hard out here to have people get that witness of the Book of Mormon but i always have to remember one of gods greatest gifts AGENCY. Its the best worst thing in this world. I have learned so much from that principal these last 10 months. Anyway thank for sharing what you guys are learning spiritually. It really makes me happy to know you all are growing. Matt you sound so busy! I love wearing my provident building shirt. Everytime i put that baby on i wear it with pride! Its cool you will be getting some time to spend with ryan this summer. And golfing sounds so much fun. Speaking of golfing, Yeah i went today! Yeah i know right who knew. We found this AMAZING course and it was so much fun. It was pretty expensive but so worth it! Man this place is so beautiful. I actually played so terrible which is no surprise. Golf is frustrating man. I am used to picking up on things so quickly and that one will take some serious time. This is one of the christlike attributes god is teaching me on mission. Teaching is an understatement he is beating humility into me. haha but man we had a blast. Meree do you think it is just by coincidence you keep getting called to girls camp planner or what ever its called. I am sure god has a reason your there. I hope you can convince those classy ladies to relax and have a good time. I know your cheesy sense of humor will penetrate their hearts soon enough. I know when i first moved in i thought you were a kook, but it grew on me in a hurry! :) Bronzen its good to hear your doing good! I miss you my not so little brother! Are you lifting everyday? Cause you should be! Man i am so excited to wrestle you when i get home and still kick your prideful butt. I think you will give me a run for my money! I am so glad you are working hard with matt. That is a great way to spend a summer but dont get to caught up in making money and forget to have fun. I still have some regrets from working to much and not having enough fun before i came out here. HAVE FUN. I think baseball will help with that. I should have continued to play school sports and stay involved. It was kinda a different situation for me though so just work hard and be smart.
       So i have a crazy story to tell you! So you know how i get when i stuff just shouldnt happen. You know like coincidence or small world stuff, I had a massive one of those this week. So i told you about that guy that stays very far from us in that super beautiful place. He called salt lake from the number he saw on the old gospel principals book. He called for 4 years before someone could help him. So the person he got in contact with was a kenyan serving in salt lake. So you remember at our family reunion last year when we met that sister missionary at the salt lake temple, sister Amuli was her name, yeah just so happens it was the same girl and i talked to her this week. She has finished her mission and is back in Nairobi. Can you say small world? No no really its okay i want you to say this out loud ready 1 2 3 SMALL WORLD! Right! I am still a little weirded out by it and still feel like throwing up every time the thought gallops across my thoughts. Any cool stuff. So We had a baptism yesterday. Brother Muthoka. Such a good guy! I was so humbled, he asked me to baptize him. Man this guys bore such a powerful testimony. He said "I have been investigating churches for a long time and this is the only one who could tell me who restored the authority." He is so humble. He doesnt have much more than his mud hut and a few pots and pans but he has everything now. I love this church. But man going from the 2 hottest places in the mission to the coldest that water in the font was sooooo cold. I was struggling. Burrrrrr! I felt like Kramer when he joined the "Polar bear club." 
      So we have some problems with a few of our investigators but they dont comprehend it as africans. So Sister dorine is a recent converts wife, but they arent married we found out. Here in africa there is something called tribal marriage that is acceptable by the church, but he is neither legally or tribally married. He just decided that she would be his wife and thats it. So he doesnt see that she cant be baptized if she is living with a man and not married, and he is not worthy living with someone. So we have really got our work cut out for us because its not wrong to him. Also the other sister Miriam is also staying with her future husband at the moment and is not married and he is also a member. So maybe just keep this situation in your prayers. Well thats whats going on right now. I love you guys and i miss you allot. I miss inside jokes! Time is flying though. 10 months!!!
-Elder Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment