Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Another Great Week!

Dear Matt Meree Bronzen Porter Hobbs and Jason(peanut),
       So i like Jason, thats my vote! You know like Jason Werth! Anyway i cant believe Megan Metcalf got married. You know i went to high school with Taylor and we were in the same college ward. He was my Elders quorum President after i got released from 2nd counselor. He served his mission in Brazil like everyone and their dog these days. I am glad to hear it went well. I still like Kyle XY though!!! haha Its kinda weird but we are so close with the metcalf family its like now we are in laws. Well I am glad to hear things are going okay with the baby i hope HE is getting big and strong! 
       So we had another great week. I have been playing allot of Bball. The zone here is pretty cool! Easily the best zone i have been in. We are really enjoy doing fun wholesome recreational activities. hahaha and the sisters here are pretty cool. We are really united and are really doing work. The only thing thats kinda crummy is we stay in the land of Canaan and coming into town is Egypt! Yeah i am reading the old testament, its no big deal! We are in the bush which is good but we are just so far from everyone. Like the rest of the Elders stay all in town so we just kinda feel left out. Its good though that Elder Rakotomalala is so cool or it would be hard. Today we went to a zoo/cultural center. It was way fun i got some great pictures. It was really cool cause they built ever kind of tribes houses. They had monkeys, snakes(big enough to swallow a rabbit), Lions, cheetahs, Cranes, Tortoise, and Ostrich. The ostrich bit my hand. haha its kinda cool cause they dont have teeth so its like a book is closing on your hand. It only hurts a little. But yeah it was great. Oh the really cool part is there is a brand new sister just from the mtc in our zone. She is so humble and quiet. I noticed ever time everyone was taking pictures she was feeling bad cause she doesnt have a camera. So i got the whole zone to each pitch in like ten bucks and we got her a really nice camera. We had an elder take pictures of her the whole time with it at the zoo then after we surprised her with it. She teared up pretty good. She is a really cool girl. I just like her cause i think she has only said 3 words each time we see each other. Humility is the key to inspiration! haha
       So about my shamba(garden) its going good. Everything was growing good till the neighbor kids decided to hold a dance recital and tap dance it to death. Like honestly parents control your kids! I am quite perturbed! I think i still have a few corn plants and 2 squash so i think i am gonna booby-trap them some how.(thats what i said i said booty-trap)-Goonies Other than that we are doing great. Staying obedient. Its so true that obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles. Man it could not be more true. I love everyday here. My study has been so good lately and i am really loving that precious time. Oh so did i tell you that i found a ping pong net and paddles on the street so we set it up on a table at our house. Its so much fun! Between that and my comp getting a guitar its heaven when we get home. You can name any song and he can play it. I dont think you can fit anymore talent in such a little body. Good guy.
      So we have a baptism next sunday! His name is muthoka. He is a stud! He is a great investigator. I dont know why i havent written you about yet. I love Huruma. The branch has some outrageous problems but the solid people who pay tithing are so strong. You can go to church and easily pick out those with a solid testimony. If the branch pres doesnt give some people welfare they turn in all their church material and leave. Then when a new branch is called they come back and do the same. Pretty bogus. But the solid ones are solid. We are really close with our branch pres! I have really learned to brown nose to get some brownie points. He is big people(rich) and wants us for dinner all the time. He works right on lake Victoria so he is bringing some nice fish back and inviting us for a feast. Being a missionary has its perks.
      Well We are doing so great. The work is really moving. The numbers we are getting put dar to shame. Man I dont miss it. Thanks for emailing me family! Do you have any trips planned for the summer? Baseball, flea market, Beach? I hope so! Man i miss those trips and riding rollercoasters and losing $254.50. Yeah i still remember. Anyway i hope so much you guys are continuing on. Oh oh oh I got such a great surprise. I got a package from Adams and the Maxfields and johnsons. Man they are so awesome! I am going to writ them this week. But of course it will take a few months to get there. I love you guys so much!

-Elder haynes
Ps Future package ideas,
Fajita taco gravy sloppy joe guacamole packets and any other seasoning that is good. Anything mexican. I need spice.
Kool aid Pakets! (dont be stingy, Bring em, sugar is cheap)
Instant refried beans, potatoes, Stove top stuffing and anything else Instantly delicious.
Anything eatable really. I miss food! 
Dont worry i am not fat! 
Thanks I love you guys.

1 comment:

  1. My son was in the same mtc group as seth and i love reading this blog! are you going to update soon?
    Jill Hyde
    MM to Elder Maurice Maxwell
    Nairobi, Kenya

    ReplyDelete