Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I've Been Craving Something Sweet

  I am so sick of Bronzen!!! That kid is the luckiest little... well he's lucky! (Bronzen won yet another gun at the youth Coyote Hunt this year and I have never won anything!). Sorry just had to get that out there. But yeah dont worry about sending things. They will get here. Its not as bad as i thought. As for wrapping i would love you to. Usually they will unwrap a couple of things and get lazy and just charge you a base price. Elders receive every package. Sometimes it takes a long time but it gets here. But i would appreciate a couple sticks of old spice please. That other stuff i bought wasnt meant for Africa! haha But no we dont go to the mission home for christmas. We are so spread out it would cost so much for transport. Sometimes i forget how big this mission is. Two countries is rather large! We are however having a little potluck box car social type deal at the Scotts! hahaha It should be really fun. One cause we will have all these dead weight guys out of the zone and two its with the Scotts. All these guys ask why i like them so much. They are like grandparents its awesome. Also if its with the Scotts it means dang good food! So i have been dying lately for something sweet. I got some recipes that can be made on stove top. Did you know you could make peach cobbler on on the stove top. Who knew! So i will try it this week. I have made rice pudding a few times which is nice and it makes me think of Mark and Sheila! Meree and Matt it is good alright! I think that is what i will take to the christmas dinner. But yeah this week has been really good. I got to go on exchanges with the district leader on wednesday then the zone leader on friday. Wow its a real change to work with people that want to work. My new comp better be ready to tear it up. It was also nice just to have a break from my comp. But PTL he is going home in two days. Meaning i will be bouncing around the zone with different companionships  until my new comp gets here next week some time. Just now that i am not going to be in my area for a few days it has really turned around. We are teaching a lot of new people who actually want to learn. Its turned from one golden day a week to two or three and its looking up. I think the Lord just didnt want me to receive a witness until the trial of my faith. But things are really looking up! The purpose of the exchanges  was to see if this new training program is taking root and being applied in my teaching. It was a big confidence builder to hear what they had to say after the exchange. The whole purpose of this new program is for the one being trained after the program is completed can directly train. Kind of a scary thought, but we will see what happens. I am so happy to read your letters and hear you guys are being blessed. You deserve it. I am so thankful for you and constantly think about how bogus i was at times. You guys have do so much for not only me but bronzen especially. I am sorry if there is anything i have done to offend you or anyone else in the whole family for that matter. I have seen what i want out of my mission and what i want to become.  And Bronzen wouldnt be where he is without you and i love and thank you and  the Lord constantly for that. I love you guys and hope all is well. Please remember to bring a scale for thanksgiving to weigh in before and after and send me the stats. Its now tradition. Tell everyone i love and appreciate them and all they do for me! 
-Love Elder Sephers

No comments:

Post a Comment