Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Lord With Us

Matt & Fam, 
   Thanks for writing. I can always depend on your letters for a good laugh. Man reading about Loa really just made me home sick but now im good. As for my first week with him, We committed two familys to baptism and had 11 investigators this week at church. I will say though he is not the missionary i thought he was. He is probably the most feminine man i have every met. Its rather uncomfortable at times. We dont really have anything in common but a desire to work and thats all that matters. I am so happy every day here. I wake up with a smile knowing i will get to have an awesome experience with someone. We have met many new people this week. We really had to get a whole new teaching pool since Balyejusa left. It seems like the ones we contacted are all golden. If you get someone to come to church off of a contact on the street that is pretty good and we had three. So remember me telling you about the Wilson guy a while back. He is very religious and Protestant. This guys finished the book of mormon in like two weeks and didnt just read it he performed an otopsi and completely analyzed every inch of that thing. We met and discussed for an hour the jaredites and the 12 tribes and it was deep stuff and we proved the book of mormon through the bible then the bible through the book of mormon. He says it makes perfect sense but he cant go off his feelings as an answer. Mind you we have been praying for this guys night and day. We committed him again to pray and really open up for the answer. This guy hasnt been to church yet because he has responsibilities at his church but just decided to show up the next day at sacrament meeting. When he entered the chapel right after the opening hymn i saw him i felt the spirit so strong. He saw me and waved and quickly sat down at the very back. He stayed for sacrament, but right when after the closing pray he bolted. I dont think i have ever seen someone get out of there so fast. So late that night i received a text from him. It said, "The Lord has shown me the way. I know its true with all my heart. I love you and God bless" Talk about the coolest experience ever. So the next day i had to see him. So we get to his house and he and his wife were discussing how he was gonna have to start his own business cause the church he goes to invested in his business. This guy is giving up everything for the lord. Talk about amazing. He says once he leaves his church and figures how to get money for his new business he wants to be baptized. I know that the church is true with all my heart. And that the Lord is doing this work we are just his instruments. It seems every time i feel down the Lord proves he is with me every step of the way. I will keep you updated on this guy. I am out of time so i got to go. sorry i didnt say much i just had to share that with you. Thanks for all you do and matt i am so so happy so are so busy with work. I know the Lord is blessing you guys so much for your sacrifices. Thanks for all you do and the great example you are to me. 
-Elder Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment