Write Me!

Elder Seth Haynes
Kenya Nairobi Mission
Upper Hill Road
Next To Citigroup
PO Box 46162-00100
Nairobi, Kenya

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Things are Rolling

Hello Hadleys!
    How are all of you doing? It has been kinda a crazy week. Sorry i didnt email you guys on monday. It was a crazy busy day and we didnt get the chance. So today i got sometime and permission from the APs. My heart stopped when you told me about the plane crash. Two of the peoples names are guys i went to high school with.I am so glad it was not the same guys. Man death is such crzy  thing. All those guys future is gone. Please keep me updated on things. I would really like to know if they determine the cause. 
     Man i just have a really crazy feeling right now. Okay so my week was good. It was a little hard but good. We got bounced all week long. We set up so man appointments and people just were not showing up. I guess this makes you appreciate the good weeks though. So although it was a rough week it seems the branch is doing a bit better and we received two golden referrals from members. One was from our newly called Branch mission leader(the branch hasnt had one since last AUG) He has just gotten engaged to a nice young lady who really likes to learn and has a list of inspired questions. She is solid and he said he wont marry her until she gets dunked so we are doing our best with her. Another is from a recent convert who just moved into the branch last week and his wife is not a member. They have only been married 3 months and she loves church. She struggles to speak english so thanks the good lord i know a enough swahili to teach her mixing english and swahili.
    So Matt you better watch yourself! I have been playing ball everyweek since i have been here and i aint gonna lie my skills are being honed as we converse. Haha my companion surprised me so much. He is a little baller. Probably the only African who knows how to play. And he is legit! Haha i have been calling him Rakoto da baller lately. He likes it. Man i have never gotten along with someone so well. I LOVE my companion. He is so great. I never knew what i was missing out on on my mission till now. This is what companionship unity really is! President B just called me out of the blue this week just to talk. He said i just wanted to let you know how much you are loved and appreciated here. It mad me feel really good. My companions wonder sometimes why he calls to just talk but he never calls anyone else. haha So the APs are here for a leadership training and they are staying with us. The current APs are so amazing! Easily the best ones we have had. Elder Raymond trained my companion and my trainer trained raymond so we are all one big happy family. Elder Pocock like my best friend is also the AP. We have so much fun and its so great to be around guys that can laugh and have a good time. Dar was dryer that a popcorn fart! haha Well i gott cut things short this week. Please tell bronzen to write me. Be patient with him. Some thing i read recently said "true doctrine understood changes behavior much faster than the study of behavior changes behavior" They were talking about getting people to do their home teaching but i think applies here to. I just really want to talk to him like i used to. This is just such a crucial time of his life right now. I will pray and study for him. Please keep up and thanks for writing me it really means so much to see your name in the inbox each pday.

-Elder Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment